Friday, January 31, 2014

Blog 13: Lesson 2 Reflection


  1. I am most proud of all the effort I applied in my 30-min presentation. I created speaker notes and presented with them, because without them, I would have forgotten all of the pertinent points I intended to make, and thus, not met the speaking time requirement.
  2. A. I would give myself a P because an AE wouldn't be very modest, and I don't think I did anything so wrong to the point of a grade deduction. To my knowledge, I met the time requirement, and because I not only tried to give as much background on my answer as I could, but I supported every point I made with research, my mentor, real-life scenarios, and even feedback from the audience. I tried to be as integrative and comprehensive as I could and I truly hope the audience enjoyed my presentation, and ultimately, learned something. B. I believe I met all of the specifications labeled under "For 'P' Consideration", I articulated well enough, I frequently made gestures to the audience and although I used speaker notes to help guide me along, I made sufficient eye contact with the audience. From this eye contact, I could tell that they were considerably engaged as I never met eyes with someone who were ignoring me or falling asleep. My activity utilized all of the information I conveyed through my presentation and it was a break from presenting for myself as well as the audience. I had a powerpoint equivalent, and I showed a prop (movie slate) and briefly explained its usage. I cited quality research, one was a publish research source, and I referenced both my mentor and my interview. I used a simple (not overbearing) hook activity, my activity required minimal group work from the audience, and the activity required the audience to use the information I presented to them. That concludes every specification noted in the Lesson 2: 30-Minute Presentation Component Contract.
  3. Everything worked for me in my Lesson 2 Presentation.
  4. If I had a time machine, I would have said more loudly (meaning that I did clearly say it) that the audience needed to complete the worksheet I handed out during the film scene, not after it. This was minor though, and not much of an issue on my behalf, it just seemed like the audience was too lazy to complete it.
  5. For my answer #2, I might have another take on the term "profitable" as it is used in my EQ. Maybe this time it can directly be monetary gain, or personal satisfaction.




No comments:

Post a Comment