Monday, January 6, 2014

Blog 10: Senior Project: The Holiday

  1. Over break, I allowed myself to rest and get my mind off of the bombardment of schoolwork. But for my senior project, however, I brainstormed a few additional fields of film I could research that I've overlooked: animation, camera operation, accounting, wardrobe, hair and makeup, stunts, and special effects. With regard to independent film, some of these will be much more finite as opposed to feature films.
  2. What I learned from this is that film departments will be much more diverse and broad for feature films. For example, wardrobe, hair and makeup, and even special effects (physical) could all be lumped into one department for a low-budget independent film, but for a feature film, they are all their own respective departments. There is no source for this, it's just an analytical interpretation based on logic and common sense. Evidence: independent films typically have much smaller budgets. As a result, there will be less crew members and subsequently these crew members will have to work in teams that cover several departments, lumped together and chosen at the discretion of the directors/supervisors.
  3. If I were going to do a 10 question interview on questions related to answers of my EQ, I would consider talking to independent filmmakers who've produced a good variety of films each with their individual qualities, preferably some that have done significantly well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment