Wednesday, February 26, 2014

February Blog

From 8 P.M. yesterday to 8 A.M. today, I was in the food court at the Montebello Mall. I acted as an extra for a PSA about active shooters and how to stay safe in such a critical situation. There were several groups, all of which had to react in different ways. I was part of Group A, the group that immediately took off into the mall when the gun was fired. Group B had to hide under the tables to ensure their safety. Group C was split into 2 subgroups: the first posed as cashiers at the fast-food restaurants (some of which had to be renamed for copyright purposes), and the second subgroup wore exploding bloodpacks to simulate getting shot by the extremely loud flash-bang gun. Thankfully, we were provided with earplugs, and all the catering was definitely a plus. Here are some photos I took during a rehearsal:


My mentors were not affiliated with this assignment, so my contact was Deputy Ralf Paddock email: RIPaddoc@lasd.org, or (909) 851-7805,  who called to confirm that I would be there. He has access to all of the release forms, which reflect that I was indeed there.

No comments:

Post a Comment